For current Job vacancies within the District please see below.
For Job opportunities around the connexion please head to the connexion website here.
For additional support with HR advice or if you need guidance for any employment related issues, please contact our District HR Officer:
Andrew Crawford – HR Officer
A full-time Operations Manager is sought to support the bringing together of three currently independent, non-adjacent Circuits; Pateley Bridge, Pocklington & Market Weighton and Bridlington, to create the Bridge Circuit.
Part of the Yorkshire North & East Methodist District the Bridge Circuit will be a fresh expression of Methodist Circuit and will come into being formally on 1st September 2023.
Closing Date for completed applications is 31st March 2023.
Application Form Operations Manager Bridge Circuit
The landmark building in its central Harrogate location allows us to engage with the community in many ways by connecting with voluntary services, charities, businesses and other organisations.
We are seeking to appoint a Centre Manager who can bring together our management and administrative functions whilst working collaboratively with our premises manager to ensure all of our buildings within and around the Wesley Centre are well maintained and available.
For an application form click here: NVMC-WC-Application Form-Centre Manager
- Discipling and building faith-based communities
- Ensuring the voice of people on the margins remains central to mission development
- Developing strong relationships and partnerships with other churches, ecumenical partners and community organisations that improve community and church life
- Establishing pathways for people at all stages of their lives to grow as disciples of Christ
- Working alongside and encourage volunteers to offer their time and talents in the missional operation for the premises
- Assisting in generating publicity materials, articles, leaflets, and press coverage and develop promotional material for the church website and social media
- Managing and coordinating activities relating to big events
- Undertaking a range of administrative and operational tasks associated with the smooth running of a busy Church Centre
NET ZERO WORKER …..We are NOW RECRUITING!
Come and play your part in advising, supporting and envisioning Methodist Churches all around the Yorkshire North and East District as we seek to develop ways to care for creation by becoming Carbon NET ZERO by 2040!
Basic info about the Net Zero Worker role:
- Three-year appointment
- Home based, 37 hours per week
- Requires travel within District
- Salary £29,630 pa
- Includes working with people, properties and projects
- Closing date Tuesday 28th February 2023
For an application pack click here
For an application form click here
We're excited to announce that we have received a very generous grant of £102,000 from the Benefact Trust to fund a Net Zero Worker which will help the District reach its goal of being Net Zero by 2040.
The North Yorkshire Coast Methodist Circuit seek to appoint a Circuit Support Manager with demonstrable experience in administration, finance and safeguarding on a part-time basis (26-hours p/w) to work alongside our existing team of lay and ordained people to assist in the work of the churches, manage the Circuit Office, and maintain good practices.
A period of hand-over with our existing Circuit Support Manager is included in our recruitment timescale below in order to support the successful applicants integration into the post.
Job Pack Circuit Support Manager
The District Leading Team of the Yorkshire North & East District are the Trustees of Hull International House (HIH).
Since 1961 HIH has remained under the ownership of the Methodist Church.
Balancing post-pandemic relevance whilst maintaining community identity remains very important to the Trustees and so, in early 2022, a review of practice was undertaken.
Following this process of evaluation the trustees recognised the need to implement a clear vision and seek to establish and implement strategic priorities through a robust business plan that allows HIH to move forward with consideration for balancing the House's Christian and pastoral ethos against its long-term economic viability.
It is therefore the intention of the Trustees to introduce a Management Committee that will act as the link between the District Leadership Team and House Manager.
The Hull (Centre & West), South Holderness and Beverley Methodist Circuits wish to appoint a Circuit Administrator on a part-time basis (20-hours per week) to provide relevant and effective administrative support across the three circuits.
A wide ranging post where excellent organisational skills and real attention to detail will be an absolute must.
This post will be based from Bricknell Avenue Methodist Church, HU5 4TJ.
Duties will include:
- Providing a level of secretarial support to the superintendent ministers
- To work with the superintendent ministers to prepare & distribute the circuit plans and provide support for the updating and distribution of circuit directories, newsletters, service leaflets & posters
- To act as a contact and reference point for outside agencies and organisations
- To co-ordinate and oversee a system of communication of matters important to the churches within each circuit
- To hold records and ensure church members are up to date with DBS checks and Safeguarding training
- To order and distribute membership tickets, minutes of conference and long service certificates for Local Preachers
- To ensure all appointments regarding ‘Authorised Persons for Marriage’ are duly maintained
- To provide circuit website and social media support (SHMC)
- In conjunction with others facilitate the production, updating and communication of circuit policy documents
- To be responsible for the input and maintenance of accurate circuit records
- In conjunction with others ensure the Charity Commission website is updated with current contact and trustee details, including obtaining the necessary information from new trustees
Application forms are available from Mrs Linda Shaw by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal conversation about the role before making an application please contact Mrs Sheila Green, by phone at 07929322776.
- Closing Date for Applications: 30th January 2023
- Interview Date: 13th or 14th February 2023
The Pocklington & Market Weighton Methodist Circuit is implementing a plan for mission and is seeking a motivated individual to help focus on church growth. In accordance with the Equality Act of 2010 it is a genuine occupational requirement that the successful applicant is a practising Christian.
The post is available by means of a 3-year fixed term contract and has the flexibility to be based from either St. Johns or Pocklington Methodist Church. Applications will be considered from people who wish to work between 15 and 30-hours per week and a job share arrangement may be possible.
The Circuit has seven churches serving Pocklington, Market Weighton and their surrounding villages. Circuit membership is around 200 served by a full time minister, three supernumerary ministers and various lay post holders. The circuit is implementing change and intends to join a new, non-geographical circuit with two other Methodist Circuits, from September 2023. It is hoped this will help release time and energy for both staff and volunteers to become more missional.
- Building relationships with local communities, focussing on particular communities where agreed progress can be made
- Working towards the church’s vision by enhancing the church’s profiles as a Christian presence in the community
- Supporting the Minister and church members in developing the church’s mission
- Enabling people in local communities to explore faith issues, make commitment, grow in faith and become a part of the church family
- Setting up, training and supporting volunteer teams to make them more effective in their Christian service and mission
- Supporting church members in their life, faith and witness
For an application pack please contact Andrew Crawford via email at email@example.com
For an informal conversation about the role before making an application please contact Rev Neville Simpson on 01759 303354
- Closing Date for Applications: 20th January 2023
- Interview Date: 30th January 2023
Gracious Street Methodist Church in the Nidd Valley Methodist Circuit are actively recruiting for a part-time centre manager, working 20-hours per week.
The centre manager will develop the operation of the Bridge café and the suite of premises to further enhance the church and café’s ability to support people in their social, financial, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- being the day to day “Face” of Gracious Street for all who come onto the premises
- working alongside and encouraging volunteers to offer their time and talents in the missional operation for the premises
- assist in generating publicity materials, articles, leaflets, and press coverage and develop promotional material for the church website and social media
- manage and coordinate activities relating to big events
- undertake a range of administrative and operational tasks associated with the smooth running of a busy Church Centre
- provide some administrative assistance to the minister
Application forms are available by email from Bill Rodham at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications: 20th January 2023
- Interview Date: 3rd February 2023
The Thirsk and Northallerton Methodist Circuit seek to appoint a Circuit and Church Administrator on a part-time basis (22.5-hours per week) to provide relevant and effective administrative support across the Circuit.
Based from Northallerton Methodist Church, High Street, Northallerton, DL7 8EG.
For an application pack please contact Sue via email at email@example.com
- Closing Date for Applications: 20th January 2023.
- Interview Date: Early February with an anticipated start date of March 2023.
Toll Gavel United Church in Beverley seek to appoint a Church Administrator on a part-time basis (12-hours p/w) to provide relevant and effective administrative support to the church minister, stewards, officers, staff and volunteers.
- Managing church bookings including dealing with enquiries, managing the church diary, booking forms, giving and receiving of relevant and appropriate information, arranging viewings, and liaising with the caretaker
- Producing and distributing monthly invoices to appropriate people
- Dealing with enquiries and questions by phone, e-mail, and, where appropriate, in-person on the premises
- Assisting the minister, trustees and officers of the church with administrative duties as necessary and appropriate
For an application pack or for an informal conversation about the role before making an application please contact John Turner, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01482 867573.
- Closing Date for Applications: 15th January 2023
- Interview Date: 23rd January 2023
Willerby Methodist Church are recruiting a cleaner to maintain and develop the existing standards of cleaning and presentation within the church.
The post is available for 10-hours per week on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning.
For more information or an application form please email email@example.com or telephone 01482650287
- Closing Date for Applications: 11th January 2023
- Interview Date: 18th January 2023
The Driffield Hornsea Circuit wish to appoint an Administrator on a part-time basis (15-hours per week) to work with the Superintendent Minister, Circuit Leadership Team and Circuit Stewards of the Driffield-Hornsea Methodist Circuit to provide relevant and effective circuit wide administrative support. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to the Circuit Leadership Team (including Circuit Staff and Stewards)
- The scheduling of meetings and organising Circuit events as requested
- Preparing, updating and distributing the Circuit Directory
- Providing administrative support to churches when requested and appropriate
- Distribute the approved Circuit Plan and regular newsletters
- Attend meetings in the Circuit, taking and recording minutes as required
- Promote and advertise Circuit events via the local press, social media and the Circuit website
For an application form please contact Andrew Crawford, District HR Officer, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The job pack for this post can be accessed by clicking here: DHMC-JP-CircuitSupportAdministrator
For an informal conversation about the role before making an application please contact the Rev Dr Richard Teal, Superintendent Minister, by phone at 01377 538806
- Closing Date for Applications: 6th January 2023
- Interview Date: 20th January 2023