DIGITAL RESOURCES - 2023 downloads
As I relaunch my bid to encourage churches with digital in 2023, I have attempted to simplify and highlight some resources that might help you flourish with what you are already doing – and signposting where I think we need to be going as the Methodist Church. Ultimately I want to encourage you with a vision that should be achievable for churches in 2023.
If you haven’t already, I’d encourage you to read my accompanying article:
EMERGING FROM THE COCOON – Why digital is key for the church in 2023
The below downloads are collations of my existing guidance – some updated and amended for 2023 – however, both come with a newly written summary document that outlines a suggested approach to these topics.
Find ALL my existing resources, external links, and full guidance here: Digital Resources to support and equip your church
Raising awareness online of your church in the community
Essential for any church wanting to grow
Many Methodist Churches are doing amazing work in and for the community: Food banks, Warm Spaces, Lunch Clubs, Community Groceries/Food recycling, School Uniform redistribution, Cafes, Play Groups, Messy Church, and other outreach and mission activities. But how are you communicating these to the community?
Find help with: publicity, communication, posters, PowerPoints, graphics, Facebook, welcome packs
- Flourishing Now: Summary Document (2023)
- Church Comms & Publicity Checklist (2022)
- Design & Branding Best Practices (2022)
- Setting up a Church Facebook Page guide (2021)
- Converting a poster for online (updated for 2023)
- Suggested tools & resources – publicity (updated for 2023)
FLOURISHING FOR THE FUTURE
Reaching new people with online ministry
A mixed approach to becoming a digital-first church
Let’s go where the people are. Beyond our walls. Reaching out. Sharing the Good News. Now, more than ever, the church must strive to explore how we can use these digital tools for worship, evangelism, discipleship, mission, and ministry. Are you placing the same importance online as you do offline in your church?
Thinking digital-first isn’t about replicating everything you do online, but about having a counterpart – it might look very different.
Find help with: Reaching people and making disciples online, online worship, Zoom, live streaming, Facebook, Websites, Digital Safeguarding
- Flourishing for the Future: Summary Document (2023)
- Best Practices for Church Facebook Pages (2021)
- Online Worship, Zoom, & Live Streaming Checklist (2022)
- Church Website Checklist (updated for 2023)
- Using your Church Facebook Page for Evangelism (2020)
- Digital Safeguarding Best Practice (2022)
- Suggested tools & resources – systems & processes (updated for 2023)
GET IN TOUCH
Elliot Crippen - Digital Enabler
Need any help with how to implement the above in your local context? Elliot is available to assist churches and circuits with both of the above. Whether it’s providing advice, equipping with skills, or practical hands-on assistance – feel free to get in touch:
Additional resources coming soon as I relaunch my bid to encourage churches with digital in 2023
- Social Media Trends for Churches in 2023 (video)
- Weekly Facebook Tips for Church (posts in District Facebook Group)
- Bank of free-to-use publicity photos / poster backgrounds (taken by Elliot in Methodist Churches)